CES-MED Cities showcased at the COP23 as successful initiatives aiming to tackle climate change in the South-Med region
CES-MED participated at the COP23 held on November 17, in Bonn, Germany, along the EU’s day event “Partnerships between cities, regions, and national governments for accelerating climate action”.
A delegation of five representatives of local authorities and team members, including the Governor of the Red Sea Governorate in Egypt, the mayors of the cities of Menjez and Batloun in Lebanon, the representatives of the cities of Oujda in Morocco and Hebron in Palestine took part in the event.
The delegates were accompanied by CES-MED’s Team Leader, Naguib Amin and the Project Manager, Nadya Boneva.
- Preparation of an Urban Sustainable Mobility Master Plan;
- Transform seaports and marina to operate by renewable energy sources.
- Convert tourists’ boats that use fossil fuel, to operate by natural gas.
- Convert hotels to operate by natural gas and use solar water heating systems.
- Develop solar energy plants in the Southern region of the Governorate of Red Sea
- Enhancing the visual and aesthetic image & the landscaping of Hurghada.
- Launching Awareness Campaigns that involves various stakeholders.